Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Indoor Bowls

Today Room 1 had the opportunity to learn how to play Indoor Bowls.
Mrs Mahupuku- Kelly's dad, George, came and showed us how to play. We had great fun even though it was a bit tricky getting the bowl to turn the right way. At the end we had a game of girls against boys to see who would get their bowl the closest to the 'kitty'. The girls team were the winners.
In writing time we all wrote a 'Super Sentence' about playing Indoor Bowls. We had to focus on a capital letter at the start and full stop at the end of our sentence, using finger spaces, writing words from our word card and writing the sounds we could hear in tricky words. The only word Mrs Mahupuku-Kelly helped us with was 'George'.
You can read our 'Super Sentences' below as we are all very proud of our learning and how hard we worked.
 I played bowls with George.
In the hall I played bowls with George.

I went to the hall and I was doing bowling with George.

I went to the hall and I played bowls.

I went to the hall and went bowling.

I went to the hall to play bowls.

I went to the hall and played bowls.

I did bowling with George and he helped me.

I went to the hall and I bowled with George.

I went to the hall and played bowls.

I went to the hall and bowled with George.

I am playing bowls with George.

I went to the hall and George helped me do bowling.

No comments:

Post a Comment